Brave Enough

 It is day 22 of the Great 100 days and the Sunday of the Man Born Blind.  Just like the man born blind, today I can know that I was not born with bipolar disorder, or with limited fine motor skills because I have sinned.  Ah yes being able to type on a computer is such a gift, no worrying about being able to decipher my handwriting and much less stress which keeps me focused.  Allowing the Christ to wash the mud out of my eyes does give me the ability to make choices and follow a path of authenticity. 

Here I am, I am showing up finally.  I started my Intro to Syriac Class on February 14, 2022.  Somehow today, the clearing of the mud, gave me enough courage to use my dry erase board to practice writing longhand in Syriac.  Its alphabet bears no resemblance to English nor does it read left to right but rather from right to left.   

Why Syriac? because I need a challenge.  It is the language of some of the texts of Evagrius Ponticus, the fourth century for whom I did my masters' thesis on.  It is also the language of the the Syrian Orthodox church which venerated Evagrius.  Experiencing scripture, the Christ and the Early Church fathers through the Syriac language takes me to another space of the mystical not of the western enlightenment.  

One more thought, in a little less than three hours the Spring Equinox will occur.  The first day of Spring is here and with it, the second round of March Madness.  Did you also know that today is the Feast of St. Joseph and that in Spain, it is Father's Day weekend.  


Until we meet again, 

Jen 

Comments

Post a Comment